Guide to Playing Rummy Games Online
Pakista Rummy surely does fall under the category of the most popular and loved card games. Whether you’re having a night in with friends or a family gathering or just want to chill, then, this game acts as a mood setter.
We all know of this game and have tried our hands at it or played it on a regular basis but have we really bothered to dive deep into the game and get to know its whereabouts? So, today we have an article that talks about this 13-card rummy and a guide that might help you if you’re just starting out or maybe just give you an insight.
Definition of Rummy:
As mentioned on Google, Rummy is a card game, sometimes played with two packs in which players try to form sets and sequences of cards. The Supreme Court of Pakistan has declared Rummy to be a Legal Game and is 100% Safe and Secure to be played between players. Since Rummy is a skill-based game irrespective of whether it uses money or not, it falls under skill-based games and that mere fact makes it legal.
History of Rummy:
It is said that Pakista Rummy originated in Spain and as time passed it gradually moved to various parts of the world starting from The States as the Spaniards migrated. If you have to date the game then all we can say is that the game of rummy goes right back to many centuries ago. It was initially played the traditional way before things got digitized- which means people would play the game in person with the deck of cards and the people being present. Now, it can be played online and virtually with you and the other players anywhere in the world. You can literally play the game anytime, anywhere as long as you have access to the internet and a device that coects to it.
There are many types of games and these different types of games are played in different parts of the world depending on the likes, interests, and of the people and the place it is being played. But, the game that is played the most in Pakistan and also loved the most is the 13 cards classic Pakista rummy game.
Yes, you caot deny the fact that since rummy dates back many centuries ago, the way it was originally played has now changed but the essence of the game does remain intact.
The way rummy has progressed ever since and the love and popularity it has garnered that day isn’t far from when it will write history for itself.
Also Read: Rummy FAQ: Missing Deposit + Wire Transfer
Glossary of Terms Used in Rummy:
- Ace – This is what people call the ‘Hukum ka Ikka’. There are 4 Aces in a standard deck of 52 cards; Each from one suit. The Ace from either of the suits can be either used as the higher value card or the lower value card.
- Dealer – The players get to decide/ choose the dealer for that particular game. Players draw a card from the shuffled pile and the one with the lowest value cards gets to be the dealer.
- Deadwood – These are basically those cards that aren’t a part of any set or sequence of cards. They can also be termed as ‘Unmatched Cards’.
- Declare – This is when you finish the game or call it a win for you. Basically, putting down the last card and declaring you’ve finished or wrapped up with all the pure sets and sequences.
- Discard/ Lay Off – When the players pick up the 14th card either from the discarded pile or the drawn pile and then later goes on to use it or discard it.
- Discard Pile – In rummy you ought to pick and discard cards in order to keep the game going. The pile that forms from what the players(your opponent and you) throw is known as the Discarded Pile.
- Draw Pile – When the cards are not drawn, discarded, or distributed then it is kept face down in front of the players which is known as the Draw Pile.
Types of Variations:
There are three main types/ variations or versions of this online card game namely Points, Pool, and Deals. But, you will also come across or encounter other names such as 101 Pool Rummy, 201 Pool Rummy, 13 Card Rummy or Pakista Marriage, Canasta, and more.
The ones that are most played and you should know are-
- Points – If you are looking for a game of rummy that is simple, quick, and finishes in hardly any time or just a few rounds then Point Rummy is because this version or variation of Rummy is the easiest as well as the quickest one there is!
- Pool – As the name suggests, pool rummy is basically a game where all the players pool in or contribute a certain entry fee before they begin the game, and whoever wins gets to take the entire amount. This version also has a feature where the players can go split, i.e the remaining players left can split the amount pooled or shelled depending on the drops left.
- Deals – Yet another most loved variant of the 13 card game is the Deals Rummy. If you are someone who looks out for challenges and enjoys a good dose of challenge mixed with skill then this is definitely your cup of tea. The only difference here is that you get to play with chips-virtual chips, that act as points or numbers! Yes, this variation of the game is kind of a long one and does take time to wind up.
Pool Rummy has been played for a really long time now, it is preferred because much before the digital era or the digital game was out, people would gather around and play this game in person. The level of excitement, thrill, and fun is pretty high and that is why this game is loved by a lot of people.
Online rummy cash games are quite a vast topic to talk about and the intensity, thrill, and entertainment are so high that it surely does keep one on its toes at all times. Now that you have a simple yet definitive guide for the online rummy card, download the rummy app if you haven’t already and have a fill of the game and play to your heart’s content. Hope this article gives you the gist you’ve been looking for.
Also Read: Different Types Of Rummy Games